Here are some easy steps to jailbreak your iPhone 3G/3Gs, iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5. But before we move on, let’s make it clear that to jailbreak an iPhone does not mean to unlock an iPhone (although to unlock an iPhone, you first need to jailbreak it). Without wasting any of your time reading irrelevant content, let us be straight to the point on how to jailbreak an iPhone. Step 1:
- Open up any search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc) and search for “jailbreak unlock” or “Apple Unlocker”
- Download either of the two softwares to your system
- You may also look for any other jailbreak software on the internet to download
- Connect your iPhone to your computer through Apple’s USB connecting cable
- Wait to see if your system detects your iPhone
- If your system does not recognize your iPhone, go to control panel (for Windows) or system preferences (for Mac) to manually launch your iPhone
- Once you’ve successfully connected your iPhone to your system, install either of the downloaded jailbreak softwares.
- As you run the executable downloaded file, click on the icon “Make it Rain”
- Click OK to proceed and accept the terms and conditions
- As you proceed, your iPhone will enter in “Recovery Mode”
- Launch the tool and you will be prompted for an option to install either “Cydia” or “Rock”
- Select any of the two options to install your favorite apps
- And you have successfully performed a jailbreak for your iPhone
If the process does work, make sure of you have done the following:
- Your iPhone has entered in the “Recovery Mode”. If it’s not, unplug your iPhone and re-connect using a working iPhone USB connector.
- Make sure you have installed the jailbreak application successfully.
Once again, we feel its important to highlight the fact that iPhone jailbreak is not the same as iPhone unlock. There’s a different method and procedure to unlock your iPhone.